I Have Faith In Hillary

Everyday I hear the media droning on about how John McCain has to demonstrate how conservative he is. I don’t believe I’ve ever doubted his conservative credentials. One of John McCain’s problems is that he has never been a team player and he needs the team to win.

As for me, I just can’t get over how much this all reminds me of Dole ‘96. Dole was a honored veteran, a senior senator, a well connected Washington insider and a big looser. If McCain can explain to me why he has any better chance of motivating the grass roots than Dole had, I’ll forget he isn’t a team player and join his team.

Alas, McCain can’t inspire the base. His opponents can, but he can’t. So we become what we have ridiculed in our opposition, a party bound together by our hatred for the other guys. How pathetic, we the party of ideas, the party of values, the party of ethics reduced to the party of "anybody but (fill in the blank).

Now I don’t want to surrender right off the bat, many dynamic local candidates will inspire voters across the land, and for the rest, I guess we can afford to loose most of our local and national republican representation. After all, Congressmen run every two years, maybe after two short years of total Democratic rule America will be so screwed up Republicans can retake the House.

I would prefer that we could forgo the "America will be so screwed up" part.

One more plug for Mike. I think that the hatred that the left has for Bush is a cancer. So many lifelong moderate Democrats are getting tired of making excuses for the whackos in charge of their party, that what we need is a candidate that will inspire the left to even greater levels of hate. Imagine a southern black voter being told that he should hate Huckabee because he believes in Jesus. No, if Huckabee was our candidate, I believe the left would alienate their own base.

But Huckabee has little chance of being our candidate, so my hope and faith is in Hillary. I have the utmost confidence that Hillary will tear the Democratic party in half before she abandons her aspirations. We might have a chance to sneak in a few of our people before they can recover.

No comments: