What A Lovely Dream

February, Lincoln’s birthday, the party of Lincoln. I some times try to imagine what Lincoln was like. I’ll bet the phrase "lonely at the top" echoed around in his head. I don’t recall a picture or any image of him smiling, he carried the weight of a embattled nation on his shoulders. But as I think about Lincoln alone in the oval office I wonder was he really ever alone. I think he often pushed back his chair and turned around and knelt there to seek the face of God. I wonder if the floor was worn away by his bony knees.

Once again I long for a candidate that will ask the almighty for guidance. George W. Bush will be moving out of the oval office soon and I worry over his replacement. I feel like the concept of "humble themselves and pray" is totally foreign to Hillary, Obama and McCain. So I support Huckabee, who continues to test my faith in miracle comebacks. Am I being a zealot to want a man of God to lead this country? I don’t know, Rosy O’Donnell might consider me a threat to mankind, which is good. Any time I disagree with Rosy I am more assured that I’m right.

Huckabee requires great faith at this point. Obama is rolling like a fast freight toward the Democratic convention in Denver and Hillary is asking herself if she cares if she destroys the Democrat Party by stealing the nomination through political trickery. Or is she so stuck on herself that the good of the party never crosses her mind, it is all about her after all.

So my hope is built on my belief that the Democrats will be divided in November and once again my man Huckabee will be an asset. Think about the average black woman who can’t decide which democratic candidate to support, she would love to see a woman in the White House, but a Black man in the White House would be wonderful also. Then she hears Obama speak and she is inspired to believe. Then fast forward to the Democrat convention, Obama has the most delegates but somehow Hillary get the nomination. She can’t vote for Obama and she’s mad at Hillary for stealing the nomination, when suddenly she remembers that she is more than just female and black, she's religious. One Sunday morning her pastor turns the pulpit over to a white guy with a bass guitar, and the rest is history.

What a lovely dream. I’m entitled to have hope for the future as much as Obama supporters, aren’t I?

No comments: